5/22/11

NAMARUPA: Issue 13 Volume 5





RICHARD SCHECHNER'S NOTEBOOK 42
by Daniel Dale
Photographs by Eddie Stern

It was in the spring of 2009. I had just finished teaching a yoga class at a health club in Manhattan, when a man who had been waiting by the door entered and began to do his own practice. I immediately took note of his uncommon form. He was moving and breathing just as I had seen demonstrated by Srivatsa Ramaswami and A.G. Mohan, two notable students of Krishnamacharya’s. I begged the man’s pardon for interrupting, but asked if he wouldn’t mind my asking where he had learned to practice in such a way.
“I learned in Madras, back in the 70s,” he said. “May I ask, from whom?” I inquired, to which he replied, “You probably haven’t heard of him.” I believe I then said, “Try me.” I was soon glad I had persisted; much to my delight, he said he had studied with “a man named Krishnamacharya.” ... continued online...


KUNDALINI AND REALISATION
Satsang with Ramana Baba (Muz Murray) in Tiruvannamalai, South India.

What is the connection between Kundalini and Realisation?

Kundalini is the intelligence of the universe manifesting as Prana in the physical organism. Which, upon reaching the brain center, releases the Cosmic Intelligence, enabling one to be enlightened, or—to be unburdened of all the residual hang-ups which exist in the subconscious. It cleans out everything. And by such a process one can eliminate all the stuff that one would normally have to go through therapy to eliminate. But as it doesn’t happen to everybody, there has to be step-by-step therapy ‘en route’ as it were.

So when you are having Kundalini effect when things are just happening, that is stuff clearing out?

Yes, that is—if it is occurring naturally... continued online...

Issue 13 Volume 5 page is here
http://www.namarupa.org/volumes/1305.php

Yours,
Robert Moses & Eddie Stern
Publishers
Namarupa, Categories of Indian Thought

Join us on an amazing pilgrimage to South India.
TAMIL TEMPLE YATRA 2012 :: SOUTH INDIA
http://www.namarupa.org/yatra/yatra12.php

WOULD YOU LIKE PRINT COPIES OF NAMARUPA?
http://www.magcloud.com/user/Namarupa

0 comments:

Post a Comment